Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Florence: June 2013

Hi All! Does anyone have any recommendations on neighborhoods in Florence to rent an apartment? I am a female artist traveling solo in June. I will be stopping in Florence for about 12 days. I have been looking on airbnb and see quite a few that look nice with excellent reviews, however I would like feedback on areas that would be good. Thanks!
Happy Travels! :)

Posted by
415 posts

I am a single woman who travels by herself and I frequently stay in Florence for several weeks at a time. My preferred neighbourhood is the east side of the historical centre close to Santa Croce church and the San Ambrogio market (which is good for fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and fish as well as fresh pasta). I have also stayed in Oltrarno which is fine. I prefer the east side because there are still local people there and local businesses. I like walking out to Piazza Beccaria using Borgo la Croce. There are also a couple of vino sfuso stores in the neighbourhood where you fill your own bottle with wine for very little money. I definitely prefer this neighbourhood to that of San Lorenzo market where I have also stayed.

Posted by
68 posts

Hi, This apartment is close to the sites in Florence on foot: Ponte Vecchio, Galleria degli Uffizi, Palazzo Pitti with Boboli gardens and Santa Croce. It is in the San Niccolò district which is one of the most characteristic districts of the centre of Florence with typical food shops, bars and restaurants, stores and artisan shops. Minimarket, pharmacy, vegetables and fruit shop 20 metres away from the apartment. Its http://www.nextaway.com/italy/florence/san-niccolo-04

Posted by
249 posts

Sar, we stayed at Il Bargello, on Via dei Pandolfini, and loved it, the 77 steps to their floor must be considered though. Another 25 steps to the rooftop terrace for an evening glass of wine. It was within walking to distance to eveything with great hostess/owner. Send p.m. if you'd like more info.