Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Florence

We are planning on renting an apartment in Florence in April 2009 (4 weeks)!

There are 4 persons total. 3 adults (ages 37, 37, 57) and 1 child (girl, age 6).

So far we have made 2 rental requests and both have not been available. Too bad. I did receive feedback from a company at toflorence.com. They also have an alternate web address at apartmentsinflorence.net. Both these sites are "powered by studentsville". Has anyone heard of them. The site has many listings, no reviews and the prices seem quite reasonable.

Also I did search the archives for this info and found nothing specific for this question. I know that many an inquiry is done on this topic.

Posted by
486 posts

Paula Frommer's book recommends rentalsflorence.com. We contacted Gabriella the owner and she was great. We were well pleased. We rented the first place listed on her site.

Posted by
842 posts

We use VRBO.com and homelidays.com for our apt rentals in Europe. we have been very happy with both of them.

Posted by
6 posts

Hi Monica,
We rented an apartment for 4 weeks in Florence in May 2007 through www.holidayhomestuscany.com called Boboli Apartment.
Excellent 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apt, cost just under E2000 for 4 people. Really handy to everything like grocery, cafe, etc. Apt situated in Oltrano area on Via Romana, 5 mins walk to Ponte Vecchio. Owner met us on arrival. She couldn't have been nicer and good communication before we left. Try this apartment, you wont be disappointed.
Debbie
NZ

Posted by
17 posts

We have rented an apartment in Florence for one week plus one in Rome for one week with untours.com. They usually rent for two-week periods (four would be fine), but we got one of their "samplers." They are very experienced and offer a local contact for assistance, and the price includes passes to local transportation. Since our trip is not until May, and this will be our first experience with them, I can't give them a complete rave review, but they do sound good. Check out their website. Grace