Please sign in to post.

Any suggestions for arranging a trip to the 2026 Olympics in Cortina?

We're interested in possibly going to the Olympics in Cortina. Will the Rick Steves organization be possibly setting up tours in the area? Are there other organizations that can help with the planning of such a trip? Thanks for your help!

Posted by
795 posts

I know that for the 2024 Olympics, On Location is the official "package" folk. They have hospitality and probably transfers and definitely hotels bundled together with whatever tickets you want. They are the EXPENSIVE tickets though, like Women's Gymnastics, Track & Field, Swimming and the like. For winter, I would assume that the winter packages would revolve around figure skating, skiing, hockey finals, and other in demand events.

I haven't heard of Rick Steves' doing anything for Paris (I am planning myself for this summer) as any Olympics trip will be mainly Olympics focused and not much "sightseeing" involved. I suggest you getting on the official website and signing up for updates: https://milanocortina2026.olympics.com/en/ They were selling tickets for Paris last February, so I would start thinking now.

Anyone else look up the distance of Milano to Cortina d'Ampezzo and get confused? hahaha I mean, if they have the infrastructure, I guess its the most economical? haha