Please sign in to post.

Anniversary Dinner Suggestions in Florence

Hello! My husband and I will be visiting Italy next June for our 25th Anniversary. Question for you that have visited Florence, do you have any suggestions for a, anniversary dinner? It doesn't need to be super fancy, we just love good food. Our lodging is located at Borgo San Jacopo, 6, Florence so near to there would be amazing.

TIA for any suggestions.

Posted by
5153 posts

...doesn't need to be super fancy...

For such an occasion you might want to check out Giglio Rosso located at 35 via Panzani. Their web site is https://www.ristorantegigliorosso.com/en/about/.

A step up for the occasion might be Olio & Convivium Gastronomia Restaurant. It's on the Pitti Palace side of the river on Via di Santo Spirito. The web site is (or was) https://oliorestaurant.it/. A bit pricey at lunch and more so at dinner, but excellent food, good ambiance, and fine wine. Much more romantic than Giglio Rosso.

Posted by
1652 posts

For our own anniversaries we go dining at Belcore, via dell'Albero - I would say about 15 minutes walking from Borgo S. Jacopo. It is not the typical Florentine restaurant, but it is quiet, has a good chef and the owner has a genius to mate the appropriate wines with food.

Just a little personal story. I had to deal with very important piano soloist that had been engaged for a concert, he wanted to have his own piano tuner. So I had the tuner come from Germany, he brought his wife on this business trip as their anniversary was the day of the last rehearsal. They had to renounce their restaurant dinner at home and the lady was quite annoyed of this extra job. He asked me for an adequate restaurant, I reserved them a table at Belcore and phoned the owner to give them some extra wine. The following morning they both had a grin on their faces :-)

Posted by
253 posts

I am in Florence now..
We just had this great dinner at Trattoria Antichi Cancelli - it's on Via Faenza - pasta is home made.. and food is very authentic - cozy setting.. Not at all like tourist trap restaurants..

Another one is La Capanina Bistrot.. Via Sant'Antonino, 49r,Firenze,Toscana 50123, IT - excellent pastas... I would say this one may be better..perfectly cooked.. and Linguine was amazing..

None of these restaurants offer you 5 star dining experience, as inside the restaurant is not too fancy.. but that's what you want in authentic Italian restaurants that is family owned and operated..