Please sign in to post.

Angels and Demons tour

Hi,
Looking for recommendations for the half day Angels and Demons tour in june. Have looked at City Wonders but they do not have the day I need. Through Viator, they have the day I need for 130 for two people. Any other recommendations?

do i need to be careful about anything in particular?

Posted by
15868 posts

Sylvia, I can't recommend other companies and haven't taken this tour but here's why I'd personally skip it? Based on a previous post, it looks like you'll be spending 4 days in Rome? This means that you'll run across many of the locations on your own so you'd be doing some backtracking, For instance, the tour goes to St Peter's Square but not INSIDE the basilica or the museums so you'd be coming back for those. Other locations - such as the piazzas and the churches - are very easy to do en route to other attractions.

For that reason, IMHO, spending 130 euro for a 1/2-day tour seems like an expensive endeavor for something easily accomplished by yourselves, without backtracking, and with the ability to spend more time at some of them than the tour is likely to allow.

Just a thought, anyway? If you do a little googling around, there are even some self-guided tours online that you could download, like these:

http://www.slideshare.net/florfsmb/a-selfguided-angels-demons-tour-of-rome-by-fsm

http://www.italylogue.com/featured-articles/a-self-guided-angels-demons-tour-of-rome.html

Posted by
7048 posts

I would agree with the other poster. Go online and get a list of the sites covered in either a self-guided walk or a tour. Then work as many of those sites into your other sightseeing plans and cross those off the list. Incorporate those that are left into your own self-guided 1/2 day walk so you end up seeing most (or all) of them. It's easy enough to google each of the sites to see what's important about them in the story, so you can even write your own 'guide' spiel - that way you'll have the same information about the site that a guided tour would give you.