Please sign in to post.

Amalfi coast suggestions

We are going to the Amalfi coast for the first time in early October. I’m looking for recommendations on where to stay and how long.

I was thinking 8 days. Also, what are you must things to or see? 😊

Posted by
4690 posts

Pls review the posts here in the Forum under Italy. You are in luck! There have been daily posts regarding just what you are asking.
Have a great trip.

Posted by
3594 posts

You will get better advice if you include more information about yourself and your trip. E.g., does the 8 days include travel days? What do you like to do?
That being said and as much as I like the AC, 8 days seems long for it. The towns are small. Transportation is cumbersome. Sorrento might make a better base.

Posted by
755 posts

Eight days is a long time for the AC. I stayed six one year, but I went on a different hike every day which was my focus. There aren’t a lot of must see sights or activities, and it will be a bit cool in October to go to the beach.

Posted by
4363 posts

You are adjacent to one of the most fascinating cities in Italy, so it’s easy to pair some history and culture with some get-away-from-it-all time in the coast and nearby islands. Consult a web or print guide to get some ideas and then seek out feedback on your plan here.

Posted by
15806 posts

You will get better advice if you include more information about
yourself and your trip. E.g., does the 8 days include travel days?
What do you like to do?

Exactly. As well, who are 'we'? How many of you and your ages?

Your personal interests are important. There is no such thing as a 'must' thing to see unless it is a must for YOU. I can list mine but then it's my trip, based on my interests, and not yours. You might HATE the things I love! Best thing to do? Get a guide book and start making a list of things to do in the region which appeal. And as suggested, browse the forum for similar questions. Then come back with more specific questions.

Posted by
78 posts

We don’t really want to sit on a beach. We are not into art. Love scenery, food and wine. Loved Rome. Maybe We should add Rome

Posted by
755 posts

Lots and lots of places in Italy to enjoy scenery, food and wine! I think a trip requires more though.

Posted by
6043 posts

We spent 9 nights in the region and had no trouble filling our days

Sorrento 4 nights-visited Pompeii and Capri
Amalfi/Ravello 3 nights -visited Positano
Salerno 2 nights- visited Paestum

Both Sorrento and Salerno have very good restaurants