Please sign in to post.

Amalfi Coast Spring 2022 - looking for suggestions for places to pop the question

Our son is planning a trip to the Amalfi Coast to propose to his girlfriend in April/May 2022. He is looking for advice on a romantic spot to pop the question. I told him to just pick any hill and you're good to go, but he wants a little more concrete advice than that! I have been to Positano and Amalfi but not Ravello. I'm interested in any suggestions you may have. Thanks!

Posted by
6046 posts

Villa Cimbrone in Ravello
Walk to end of gardens where the view is amazing

Posted by
922 posts

Thanks Christine! I was JUST watching a YouTube video on that very place!

Posted by
2207 posts

A few wonderful sites might include:

• The patio of the hotel, Il San Pietro di Positano - this is the spot where many photos of the city of Positano are shot and it's amazing as the sun sets.
  • From the outdoor dining area of La Sponda, in the famous Hotel Le Sirenuse
  • In Ravello, from the balcony of one of the rooms at Palazzo Avino. I suggest room 310 - it's perfect!
  • Poolside at the Infinity pool of The Caruso, A Belmond Hotel,
  • And there's a private - and very romantic table - at the Hotel Cesare Augustus on Capri, which sits on a cliff hundreds of feet above the sea! (but you have to reserve well in advance).

Just a few spots with incredible views!

Posted by
3961 posts

Capri- The Villa San Michele. The approach through the exquisite gardens are filled with many relics and works of art dating from ancient Egypt and other periods of classical antiquity. You walk through a Loggia, pergola with white columns and statues. Then the surprise! Breathtaking panoramic views of the town of Capri and its harbor, the Sorrentine Peninsula and Mount Vesuvius. The villa sits on a ledge at the top of the Phoenician Steps, between Anacapri and Capri, at a height of 327 meters above sea level. It's magical. We had our photo taken next to the Sphinx statue overlooking the unforgettable view.

Another idea- Take the Anacapri Chairlift to the peak of Mount Solaro. When you reach the peak there are terraces and trails. One trail takes you to the hermitage of Cetrella, a monastery with a chapel and bell tower, passing through wild flowers in the Spring. You can catch the 15 min. ride from its terminal near Piazza Vittoria. It runs May through October. Oh my gosh this makes me want to return to the Amalfi Coast. We stayed in Positano and Sorrento & visited Amalfi & Ravello.

Congratulations and best wishes!

Posted by
2186 posts

I would second Christine H’s recommendation. That view, in my opinion, is one of the best ever.

Posted by
1944 posts

On the bus route, in either Maiori or Minori (but I think the latter), between the road and the cliff to the water, there's a tiny little park with mosaic-like tiles on the ground where we saw little children playing.

Pop it at sunset!

Posted by
620 posts

Maybe at the Lampara restaurant's outdoor corner table? That restaurant is run by the adjoined Coricella Hotel on Procida island. The view from that restaurant patio is World-Class. And impossibly romantic.
I am done. The end.

Posted by
464 posts

There is a romantic restaurant with amazing views at the Bellevue Syrene Hotel on Piazza della Vittoria in Sorrento. The La Pergola restaurant is on the cliff overlooking the Bay of Naples, and the sunset there is spectacular with views across the bay to Mt. Vesuvius and Naples as well. Or if you do not want to have dinner, right nearby is the Villa Comunale Park in Sorrento which has stunning views from the park terrace. Sorrento was a favorite of ours, and the Centro Storico area right near the Bellevue Syrene hotel has lovely shops for a stroll.