Please sign in to post.

Amalfi Coast itinerary

My husband and I will be staying in Atrani September 28- oct 1st. 2 full days and really only 1 half day.

We are planning to do a day trip to Capri on our first full day.

What other towns or places to see are worth it in the area in that amount of time? We are not very touristy or interested in shopping a lot or swimming but are very interested in good food, live music and scenery and maybe and easy to moderate hike.

There’s so much info out there. It’s a bit overwhelming.

We will finish our trip with 2 full days on naples

TIA :)

Posted by
48 posts

Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento are each good suggestions for half day visits.
There is a nice path from Ravello down to Amalfi, since you enjoy hiking. It takes a little over an hour.
Capri will turn be a full day, but the boat ride out and back from Amalfi is fantastic.
When in Naples, you could see Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Do try a spritz.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you. This is helpful!
I can’t wait to try a Spritz!

Posted by
3551 posts

Excellent advice. The amalfi coast is very beautiful. Enjoy.

Posted by
15773 posts

You can download the SITA bus schedules for Amalfi/Salerno. That bus will take you from Atrani to Amalfi for the ferry to Capri. On google maps it looks like there's a way to walk (about 1 km) that avoids walking on the main road. It will also take you to Minori (about 3 kms) where you can get to-die-for pastries at Sal de Riso.

Do plan on taking the ferry/bus to Salerno and back - some of the best scenery on the coast and there are really good restaurants in Salerno