Please sign in to post.

Amalfi coast

We are looking for a nice hotel that can sleep 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 12); views and easy walk into town a must. Not familiar with this area so any ideas of what to do and where to go will help. We will be there one week in July 09. thank you!
thank you!

Posted by
636 posts

Check out La Tonnarella, in Sorrento. It's a bit out of the center of town, but an easy walk, right on the coast, with a private beach. They have a suite with 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies, that would be perfect for your family.

Posted by
166 posts

Hi Viv,

Check out Il Nido Hotel in Sorrento. It's about 10 minutes to the city center by shuttle. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes to and from and it is free. The hotel is very nice, spotlessly clean, and the owners are so accomodating. The food is some of the best I had eaten in Sorrento, everything homemade on the dinner menu. The cost per night is about 100 euro, with a balcony and sea view. Highly recommend this hotel.

Greg

Posted by
47 posts

I can't give a recommendation since we aren't going to Sorrento until July '08 but I looked up hostels and found many and booked a room in one. Hostels aren't all dorms and bunkbeds anymore. Rick Steves has great suggestions for rooms and look on Trip Advisor - the reviews are worth their weight in gold.

Paula