Please sign in to post.
Posted by
23301 posts

Generally the answer is yes but it varies state to state. Your state has to allow shipment of alcohol to residential addresses. Second there is a limit with US customs but the shipping company should be aware of the various regulations. Personally I don't think it is worth the hassle or expense to ship wine home. I will carry a couple bottles home in my checked luggage.

Posted by
8473 posts

We use WineSkins (a kind of bottle protector) to bring a couple of bottles home in our checked luggage. But if we visit wineries we like, we also ask them if they have a US distributor and thus buy it at home.

Posted by
62 posts

We just returned from Italy. Each winery we visited will ship wine home. Most shops we visited will ship, including olive oil and ceramics. A few years ago we packed wine in our checked luggage and it was fine. Or, if you want to wait until you get to the airport, you can buy duty-free and bring it on the plane with you.

Posted by
15213 posts

I don’t bother either with shipping. I might take a bottle in the checked luggage inside some special protective pockets I have but overall you can find great Italian wine for sale in the US online or in specialty stores. I know it will cost more compared to purchasing in Italy, but the savings to me is not worth the hassle of carrying it or shipping it to the US.