Please sign in to post.

Airport to Hotel Transportation

I am flying in to Verona International Airport from Los Angeles, in June, and need to get to my hotel in Verona from the airport. What are your recommendations? Here, in the states, we can reserve a shuttle - I assume you can do the same in Italy but I'm running into brick walls in trying to find a shuttle service. Any help is appreciated!
Liane

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you for the web site information. I checked that site earlier however it just goes from the airport to the train station. Would I walk or take a taxi from the train station? Sorry - this is the first time traveling while doing the planning myself.

Posted by
23178 posts

If it is a couple of block than walk from the train station. Further take a taxi. OR -- contact the hotel for their recommendation for getting to the hotel from the airport. You will not be the first person to ask that question.

Posted by
771 posts

Rick says to "avoid the boring 15 minute walk from the train station" and take a bus to Piazza Bra. Buses are cheap, easy, and leave every few minutes. More info on tickets, etc in his book, in the Verona section.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you so much for all your help! I'm nervous but knowing there are others out there to help, helps keep me calm!

Posted by
32173 posts

Liane,

Using the AeroBus from the airport to Verona Porta Nuova station will be the least expensive option. Once you arrive at the station, I'd suggest using a Taxi to your hotel as you'll be hauling luggage (it's not far so it's a quick ride). The airport is only about 3 miles from the city, so the ride from the airport is also fairly quick. If your budget allows you could just take a Taxi direct from the airport.