Please sign in to post.

airport (fco)

After arrival and luggage pick-up, I have reservations at Barcelo Aran Blu. How do I get there? Taxi? Cost? Shuttle bus?

Posted by
7737 posts

Here's a translation of the question: How do I get to my hotel in Ostia Lido from FCO? Answer: Ostia Lido is surprisingly difficult to get to from FCO unless you're picking up a rental car. Taxis don't want to take you to Ostia Lido because they don't get a return fare. Buses run there, but the bus stop at FCO is impossible to find. You have to walk a distance away from the airport, and there's no sign. (You have to hail the bus.) I suggest emailing your hotel and asking them if they can arrange for a car to pick you up. It will probably be pretty expensive. Unfortunately their website doesn't tell you how to get there. The least expensive options is to go on into Rome first, then take the Ostia train from the Piramide station, but you'll still have to figure out how to get to your hotel from the Ostia train station. It's walkable, if you're up for it. See Google Maps for more info.

Posted by
6898 posts

Their website advertises that they located at Rome's largest tourist port. Huh!. I thought that Civitavecchia up the coast a bit easily had that designation. Also, they provide no information on how to get to their location. Actually, Barcelo Aran Blu is located south of Fiumicino at a very nice looking beach area. As Michael has explained, it will be very difficult to get to. Contact the hotel to see how their guests get there from FCO. Depending on how long you will be there and what you intend to see in the area, you might consider renting a car.

Posted by
23281 posts

Have no idea who or what or where is Barcelo Aran Blu. A little information on that subject would have been helpful in providing a better response. But to get into Rome you have these options. Leonard Express - train to Termini at 14E per person and then, perhaps, a taxi or public transit to Barcelo Aran Blu. Sitbus (bus) at 8 Euro to the same place. A taxi from the airport at 48E, fixed price, to ??? provide it is within the old city area.

Posted by
8 posts

I am sorry that I did leave out the most important piece of info, my bad. Lungomare Duca Degli Abruzzi 72
Hopefully this will help.

Posted by
7737 posts

FWIW, we enjoyed Ostia Lido when we stayed there one night in May of last year. Here are some photos I took, in case you're interested: Ostia Lido in May 2011 We ended up taking a bus from FCO to the train station, and then walking from there to our hotel. It took us forever and lots of wandering to figure out where to catch the bus.