Please sign in to post.

Airbnb recommendation

I will be in Milan, Venice, Florence for a 10 days trip.
For 2 pax, kindly recommend accomodations which are near the central station as we plan to walk around.
An ensuite bathroom which is clean and conveniently located is preferred.
Budget for accomodation is €90 to €170 daily.

Thank you for the input.

Posted by
6949 posts

Just to clarify, you only want Airbnb recommendations for these places? No hotels or guesthouses?

Posted by
379 posts

I'm not really addressing your question. I just use a taxi to get me to an Airbnb, give the driver the phone number and they will call the host to let them know your there. The Airbnb will be close to what I want to see rather than close to a train station. An Airbnb I stayed in Florence that was wonderful was called: Teresa's Place. The Airbnb in Venice was not worth a recommendation. J

Posted by
1625 posts

Just a thought...have you researched on the AirBNB website? Some rules I use is to book VERY early, as you want what everyone else is looking for, centrally located at a low price point. Book only with listing that have at least 100 reviews, even better if they are a super host and Read all the current reviews, even if you have to use google translate. Many will tell you how "central" the place is, places to eat, noise level etc. Look very closely at the pictures for outlets, seating, shower situation etc. What someone recommends on here, may have worked for them but may not be what you are looking for. I have used AirBNB in Florence twice and have been really happy with the accommodations, but I really did extensive research before booking and I book at least 6-9 months out.

Posted by
4 posts

@joanne1108 sure, will have a look at your recommendation. how much do cabs usually cost? thank you.

Posted by
4 posts

@Letizia lovely, the tips you offered are so useful and handy when it comes to my selection. unfortunately, I only started my research and booking 1 month before the trip. Will do it a couple of months ahead of my trip next time. Thank you so much.

Posted by
15461 posts

Any place within the historical center of Florence or Venice will be close enough to the main train station.

Milan is bigger and has 23 train stations, 3 of which are major, but anyplace in the city center will also be close enough to the main stations of Milan either by foot or by subway.

The cost of taxi varies on the distance traveled, the traffic, and the time of day. In Florence the fare is €1.10 per km while in Milan it is €1.28 per km. But then there are flag down charges, and other supplente (like luggage).

Venice has water taxi boats, which are very expensive. But you can use water buses, called “vaporetti” (literally “small steam boats” which actually run on diesel) and cost a little less (about $10 per ride, but there are day passes).