Please sign in to post.

Agriturismos in Tuscany?

Hello! I am taking a trip with my mom and sister to Tuscany in June. We are looking for two agriturismos, one in the Montepulciano area, and one closer to San Gimignano. We want to visit both areas and don't want to spend a lot of time driving back and forth. As a result, we need agriturismos that can accommodate three adult women, and that do not require a full week (Sat-Sat) stay. Does anyone have suggestions about places that might work for us?

Thank you in advance!

Posted by
388 posts

Here are a few that Rick recommends in his current 2015 Italy guidebook. We don't have any suggestions in the immediate vicinity of these towns but these will be relatively close:

NEAR SIENA
Il Canto del Sole: www.ilcantodelsole.com, [email protected]
Frances’ Lodge Relais: www.franceslodge.it

NEAR MONTALCINO
La Crociona: www.lacrociona.com, [email protected].

NEAR VOLTERRA
Podere Marcampo: www.agriturismo-marcampo.com, [email protected]).

Posted by
11363 posts

Near Montepulciano you can find Poggio Etrusco. We anjoyed it even in winter, but I think summer will be even better! Pam and Johnny are both Americans. The place is small, only chickens, olive trees and grapes. Breakfast is great and the apartments are spacious. They have 2 two-bedroom places and one room only that can be attached to an apartment I believe. No Sat to Sat requirements.

Posted by
22 posts

Hello Alexander, in 2013-14 my husband and I took an extended road trip in Europe. Mid- October we spent five dasys in Florence then drove to Tuscany where we spent 8 days at a WONDERFUL agriturismo La Bruciata in the rolling hills near Montepulchiano and Pienza and very close to many other towns. It is owned and run by a multi-generational Italian family of women - Laura is the manager and speaks English very well; and gave us great tips on special, non-touristy spots to visit. Her Mama runs the kitchen; Great-Grandmama live in the house across the road, visits regularly and was hand picking some olives at harvest from the tree in the garden. There are two young daughters as well. They produce olive oil and some wine.

While we were there several other groups came for several days so it didn't seem to have any time requirement. They build La Bruciata a few years ago but it looks and feels like it's been there always, nestled into the landscape. We were in a one BR "apartment" (they also have 2BR) with a kitchen open to the sitting area/dining table and fireplace, large bathroom with shower, BR with small balcony overlooking the Tuscan hills furnished in typical Tuscan style.
The dining area is reached by walking around the sloped garden to the lower level and quite lovely. Mama prepares a terrific Tuscan buffet breakfast daily with local foods, homegrown vegetables (OOH the tomatoes!), jams, breads and endless cups of "smiley face" coffees! We enjoyed several 3 course dinners with their wine; just tell them at breakfast that's what you want to do. I recall that it was $25/pp, a bargain and delicious. Now the dollar is nearly equal to the Euro so we reap the benefits!
We will definitely return....a wonderful stay, new friends and fabulous location for exploring the environs! A car is a MUST!
Contact [email protected] Have a great trip!