Please sign in to post.

Agriturismo Suggestions

Hi,

In 2014 we spent a few nights at Agriturismo Marciano and loved it. We're returning to Italy as the last leg of our journey (flying from Istanbul to Pisa is the plan right now). I've emailed Marciano several times and haven't gotten any response. We had our heart set on staying there again, but if they don't get back to us, there isn't much I can do.

So.. we're looking for other agriturismo suggestions. We aren't set on Siena, but we'd like to stay between Pisa and Siena. We're already staying a night in Lucca to visit friends and we're flying out of Florence (staying a night there as well). We would love a place that includes breakfast and produces their own wine/olive oil etc. We aren't interested in ones that are apartments because we like meeting our fellow travellers and interacting with our hosts. We'll be in Italy at the end of Nov/beginning of Dec.

Thanks!

Posted by
1446 posts

I believe the folks at Agrit. Marciano take a little break this time of year so that's probably why they're not responding. We are staying there this year for the second time as well so I understand why you wish to return there! Have you tried calling them? I think you still have a chance of staying there so I wouldn't give up hope.

Posted by
10221 posts

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they responded. Unfortunately it wasn't the response I wanted. They didn't have a vacancy for my dates.

Posted by
74 posts

I've stayed at Cretaoile and loved it. You're one of the family from the moment you arrive. I believe their one of Rick's favorite. Check out their website and book early. We're going back next May and had to book it already . http://www.cretaiole.it/index.php/en/