Please sign in to post.

Agriturismo near Siena

Does anyone have a suggestion of an Agriturismo near Siena for a few nights that would offer wine tastings and cooking classes? We'll be in Florence and then drive down to Siena. I'm open to suggestions if not near Siena.

Posted by
8139 posts

You can find agriturisimos online easily. Just Google the word. Or look at Booking.com for farm apartments/rooms. Virtually every farm in Tuscany has rooms and apartments for rent as a source of additional income because the farms themselves are relatively small.

You can also go to Google Maps and locate a city you'd like to stay close to. Hit "++" to magnify the map and little bed icons will pop up. You can click on the icons and find their direct e-mail addresses.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom farm apartment between Certaldo and San Gimignano a few years ago. We ended up going to nice grocery stores in Poggibonsi. It's a great centralized area to visit places like Siena, Volterra, Certaldo and San Gimignano--all hilltowns. But you will certainly need to have a rental car to get around Tuscany and Chianti.

Posted by
53 posts

I had an amazing experience at this place near Siena. So sorry I only was able to stay one night. Close enough to Siena to take a long walk to the city. The people amazing, the place and wine and food...so good. No cooking classes last year but I heard that is wonderful too. Enjoy!
https://www.agriturismomarciano.it/?act=agriturismo

Posted by
21 posts

I hope it is ok to add a question here, and if not happy to start a different thread. With agriturismos - is it like b&b where there is lodging and potentially meals offered, but you find your own thing to do during the day? Or is the idea that you stay there during the day for the view and read or have down time?

Posted by
140 posts

La Lastra outside of Siena is wonderful and has a small number of rooms. Not sure if they do cooking classes, but the tour and wine tasting were amazing, as was the lunch made on site

Posted by
3594 posts

@Ainva
Agriturismi vary a lot. Some are strictly b and b. Some have swimming pools. Some have a variety of optional activities. Some offer dinners. Your choice depends on what you want.

Posted by
1056 posts

Roberto Becchi, (Roberto in Firenze on this forum), who is featured on many RS shows on Tuscany. . has a B and B near Siena called Madonnabella. He also has a winery. Not sure about cooking classes.

Posted by
18 posts

Thanks for the rec, Julie! I just booked at Castello delle Quattro Torra. It looks amazing!!