Please sign in to post.

Agriturismo in Sicily

Any suggestions for agriturismo stays in Sicily? My husband & I will be traveling throughout the island from Sept 28th - Oct 20th. Grazie!

Posted by
15243 posts

Check Agriturismo.it or .net or .com (all three) I stayed at one near Siracusa called Masseria sul Mare (google it). I liked it. They had a great beach too. You need more than one base to visit Sicily. One in each corner. The island is too big.

Posted by
1501 posts

Close to Taormina on the East Side (South of Messina) is a lovely, family owned Agriturismo, Villa Antonella. I took a tour when I was based out of Taormina, and they took us to this Agriturismo for a lovely lunch and tour. It's more of an "estate" than a farm, and they have olive groves, lemons, limes, an olive press, chickens, goats, etc. The family is so warm and friendly and they offer simple rooms and absolutely luscious food with their own home-made wine, olive oil, sausages it was a dream come true. They have a facebook page: Villa Antonerlla Azienda Agrituristica. I have just messaged them, and asked for a website. Very little English spoken when I was there two years ago, but maybe now may be better. Also, you can contact:magicofsicily.com They have info on this place as well as very nice apartments where I stayed.

Posted by
50 posts

My friend and I stayed in a pretty little agriturisimo a little outside of Siracusa. It is Il Limoneto.(You can Google Il Limoneto, Siracusa). They were very gracious. We arrived by taxi (should have rented a car) but Dora, the daughter, drove us all the way to Siracusa to pick up a car a few days later... It is in a lemon grove and we had Room 8 which faced the lemon trees. We could even pick a few if we wanted. The breakfasts were adequate and the meals were absolutely delicious. They also made limoncello..yummy...also when were there about five years ago, they had a buffet of different Italian foods on Saturday evenings and the owner's son provided lovely music. Also, it is very affordable and I think it still is. Mary Floridia-Rankin