Please sign in to post.

Advice on where to go

We are making progress with coming up with an itinerary thanks to this amazing board. Can you give your advice how to spend 6 nights and 7 days. We will be leaving from Florence and do not want to make Florence our home base or spend any of these nights here as we have been there many times, Also do not want Venice or Rome for same reasons. My daughter is studying for the semester in Florence so we will be leaving there on March 6th and return March 12th. The question is where to go for these 6 nights.

We are looking for wine tasting, amazing food, nice accomadations, tours, not so much museums or monuments as she will be doing this all semester. I was thinking Chianti and Tuscany area.
Is this doable and what are your thoughts.

Go to Lucca spend 2 nights here
Go to Siena for 2 nights and stay more in the town to go to San Gimi, etc,
Go to Chianti area and spend 2 nights on nice farm.

Or is there another area you recommend doing 2 of these nights too. Was thinking 2 in Cirque Terre, 2 Lucca, 2 Siena/Chianti too?

I know these places are close so not sure if makes sense to divide 2 Siena and 2 Chianti but we do want to see the land and vineyards and would like to walk around the town of Siena too. We also love to shop.

Any Advice on how to divide days is so appreciated. I can also rent a car even though so scared to drive there but I know it is needed for this area.

If anyone has recommendations for luxury accommodations or restaurants that would be great too!

There are no replies to this topic.