Please sign in to post.

Adapter converter question and 2 days till I leave

I thought I had this figured out but when I actually looked at my converter I have the main box but then it comes with 2 plugs for Europe one said Northern Europe and one said Southern Europe. So the question is what one does Italy fall under? I thought I was all ready and now I only have 2 days to go. Can someone take me off of panic mode please.


Posted by
17 posts

Probably southern Europe. It should have 2 round plugs. And most likely you don't need the big converter.

Posted by
805 posts

Italy has two round plugs. However, just to be safe, I would take both. Better to be safe than sorry.

Posted by
8700 posts

If the appliances you're taking are dual voltage (110/120-220/240) you won't need a converter, only a plug adapter. If you do need a voltage converter, you'll need one with the right wattage for the type of appliance being used. See

Posted by
5635 posts

Italy should use the southern Europe adapter. The 2 round pins are slightly smaller in diameter than those on the northern europe adapter.

Posted by
8805 posts

Take both. Take a deep breath. You're going to have a great trip. Enjoy.