Please sign in to post.

Accomodations in Florence

Hello, we will be in Florence at the end of December, celebrating the new year there. We have four adults coming and we need three beds to accommodate everyone. We are trying to book on VRBO or AIR b& B Has anyone ever had any luck asking for an extra cot(bed) to be brought in? I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
Thanks
Antonietta

Posted by
270 posts

In the years we have used HomeAway/VRBO, their listings usually mention if there is a spare bed, cot or couch available. You may have to ask for additional linens for that spare bed. You could send a message to the owner/manager of a desired apartment before commiting, but as we have seldom seen rooms big enough to accommodate a extra bed/cot, I wouldn't expect much luck.

Posted by
3112 posts

Sometimes a "double" bed can be separated into 2 single beds. I've stayed in apartments with that type of "double" bed. If 2 of the people don't mind sharing a room, that's another possibility. Once you find an apartment you think would work, send a inquiry to the owner/property manager to ask. If it's an option, they'll set up the bedroom that way before you arrive. Also, be sure to verify the actual number of bedrooms. I've seen several apartments advertised as a 2-bedroom that are actually a 1-bedroom plus sofa bed (or even worse, a futon).