Please sign in to post.

Accomodations

I am planning a trip to Italy this fall for my wife and myself. I would like some feedback on places to stay if possible. We are looking at Hotel Olivedo in Varenna, Marina Capellini"s rooms in Vernazza, Agriturismo Nibbiano in Montepulciano, or La Caggiolle, and Hotel San Zulian, or Locanda al Leon in Venice. Does anyone have some feedback on any of these places? Good or bad, anything will be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help! Jeff Masters

Posted by
144 posts

Hi Jeff,
I love Marina Capellini's though we had a 6 floor walkup, we had a great view. And they were very nice. Book early though! I'm not familiar with the others though I've been to Venice many times and also to Montepulciano. We like to stay on the Lido now when we go to Venice because the San Marco area has just gotten ridiculously expensive. There are some nice and more reasonably priced plases there in Canarregio. In Montelpulciano you want to be sure to stay right in the walled city. It is so cool. We stayed above a little tiny one person restaurant run by "Mama" where she rents 3 rooms with shared bath. The food was to die for. I can't remember the name offhand but could find it for you if you like. It was also dirt cheap and clean and had private parking of all things. I can also make hotel reservations at the small places at no charge to you. Hope this helps.