Please sign in to post.

Accommodation in Rome

I'm planning 4 nights in Rome (end of September) and would like a nice cosy, comfy and quirky little hotel in Rome close to major sites. We don't like the big major hotels. Any recommendation warmly welcome. Garcia

Posted by
15146 posts

I usually find good choices with www.nycerome.com. Once made the selection, the site relies on Booking for the actual booking.
You could also use tripadvisor for checking the reviews.

Posted by
804 posts

We had a great stay at the Raffaello Hotel. Short walk to Termini Station, easy to reach major attractions, many cucinas also within walking distance. Friendly staff, immaculately clean and nice breakfast. Enjoy your trip to Rome! http://www.hotelraffaello.it/

Posted by
985 posts

I liked Hotel Aberdeen near Termini. I walked to the Coliseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, many churches I wanted to see, and Piazza Navona from there (though I don't mind longish walks.) This hotel is actually in an old palace which made it kind of interesting. It had good staff.

Posted by
922 posts

We stayed at Hotel Smeraldo near Campo de Fiore. The hotel is located on a small alley and within easy walking distance to most sights. We really like this hotel.

Posted by
206 posts

We found a little apartment on booking.com about 40-50m from Campo di Fioro. an absolutely perfect location - wander down to the markets for breakfast, a selection of several good coffee shops nearby, lots of places to eat. We were on a very tight budget for a family of four and it was great. I would absolutely stay in the same area when we come back (not if). Easy walking distance to Colloseum, Forum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Vatican, Spanish Steps etc.

Posted by
2023 posts

We like Hotel Due Torri which is a short walk from the Pantheon. The hotels near the Termini are not located near a nice selection of restaurants and that area is totally charmless. Another hotel to consider is the Modagliani (sp?) also in a nice location.

Posted by
540 posts

I would highly recommend an apartment. If you want something nice and cosy that is close to everything, check out https://www.vrbo.com/514597

We stayed there last September and loved it. Close to everything, just the right size, comfortable.

I would easily stay there again.

Posted by
61 posts

Bed and Breakfast Zoe or Bed and Breakfast Zen is just was you want. Tram 8 stops within a block of it, which can take you into the main part of town (or you can walk 10 minutes). It is in Trastevere and is not expensive. I stayed there in January and hope to stay there again in June.

Posted by
1446 posts

Had a wonderful stay last month at JB Luxury (reserved through Booking.com). It is just around the corner from the tram line and bridge to Trastevere and short walks to Campo di Fiori, the Giudecca, Largo Argentina, the Piazza Navona-Pantheon-Trevi area, and the Forum.

It's newly renovated, super comfortable with modern amenities, big bathroom, great breakfast, very clean, has a lift, and am planning on returning!

Posted by
32 posts

We stayed at Hotel Smeraldo near Campo de Fiore also and loved its location.

Posted by
635 posts

Have you thought of a convent? There are several in the city center; convenient, reasonably priced, clean, quiet -- if you don't mind an 11 pm curfew. Last May my grandson and I stayed at Casa il Rosario, 500 meters from the Colosseum and 200 meters from the wall of the Forum of Augustus.

Photos here.

Posted by
420 posts

We stayed in a lovely 2 bedroom apartment I found out about on this forum. It was in a great neighborhood on a square in Trastevere. They showed movies in the evenings and there was a food market in the mornings. The price was very reasonable.

Apartment 19
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p300175

Posted by
1829 posts

Most hotels in Rome meet your needs of being cosy, comfy and a little quirky.
Very few are big major hotels even in the most desired areas.

Cost is a bigger factor over where you should stay I think, some locations are more costly than others.

Posted by
192 posts

Another vote for the Smeraldo by Campo Fiore! Great helpful staff and more than adequate breakfasts.