Please sign in to post.

Accommodation in Rome?

We are looking for an 4-nite accomodation in Rome? We are interested in a B&B or something near the Spanish Steps - there are so many listed on various travel sites, it's hard to decide. Anyone have a special go-to place to recommend?

Posted by
11294 posts

I know this will sound crazy until you have walked all over Rome, but it really is not very big. Stay anywhere from the Spanish Steps to Campo dei Fiori and you are golden. Even Prati near the Vatican is convenient with Metro, tram and buses. We liked this apartment a lot, but there are thousands. Try VRBO.com.

Posted by
337 posts

hi For apartments, try sleepinginrome.
their website allows you to filter on areas, regards,

Posted by
7737 posts

Also booking.com and venere.com. Do you have the Rick Steves book for Italy? I'm sure he recommends several places near the Spanish Steps.

Posted by
8124 posts

RonInRome.com has the best travel section for Rome. He goes over rooms in virtually every neighborhood.

Posted by
365 posts

Hotel Trevi you can almost throw the coin from your room. Great accomodations but I thing it is a little loud. You can hear the people from your room even late at night. But I always stay at Hotel Aberdeen a 5 minute walk from Termini station. I prefer Aberdeen it is clean, great breakfast, quiet and safe neighborhood, pleasant staff and only about 100 euro per night. I will be there again in August.