Please sign in to post.

Academia & Uffizi tickets

We are planning a trip to Italy in mid October. How far in advance do I need to purchase Accademia and Uffizi tickets? and from other comments, it appears I will need to take my email confirmation to pick up the actual tickets at the museums? Is that correct, and what is that process like? Thank you!

Posted by
43 posts

When my daughter and I were in Italy this past April we visited Uffizi and bought tickets there because I couldn't get my internet to be consistent enough with the website to order tickets. I think there was one person ahead of us in line but we went at 2 p.m. on a Friday. I believe they're closed on Mondays. Our travel director bought our Accademia tickets less than 2 weeks in advance but I am guessing the earlier the better? And I'm not saying don't buy Uffizi in advance, I'm just saying what worked for us (and I'm so glad it worked out, it was amazing).

Posted by
178 posts

We bought Uffizi tickets some time ago for early September. If you can enter at 8:30am there might be a somewhat better price plus probably fewer people. I recall it was a trial navigating the Uffizi website. In the end I had to click on a not obvious item to get the time slots opened up. Good luck.

Posted by
3012 posts

I bought tickets to both museums in late May for mid-September visits. The websites were easy to use. You can print the emailed tickets, bar code and QRC are attached to the email. I took pictures of the tickets and added to my Notes ticket file. Unfortunately, they do not download into Apple Wallet or it's very possible I don't know how.