Please sign in to post.

Salzburg Hotels

I'm searching for reader experiences with Hotels in Salzburg. The Rick Grafitte Wall is not very user friendly if trying to find specific things, i.e. hotels, restaurants, transportation, etc. One has to scan every post which is time consuming. Would be nice to have the posts in categories other than just countries.
Having said that... any advice on hotels in Salzburg? Also, train or rental car from Bolzano, Italy to Salzburg? Thank you

Posted by
76 posts

Hi Barbara, You may want to input the words Salzburg and hotel in the white webpage search block on the top right of the webpage. I find using the great search function to be very user friendly as I can input the terms that matter to me. Also, you may want to post your inquiry in the "To the West" section that covers Austria, rather than the "To the Boot" section which covers Italy. By posting in the section that covers Austria you are more likely to have someone who has stayed in Salzburg respond.

Posted by
527 posts

We loved the Hotel Auersperg in Salzburg. Great little boutique family run hotel. Very nice rooms and the included breakfast buffet was excellent. Only about a 10 minute walk to the Old City.
http://www.auersperg.at/en/

Posted by
433 posts

Another vote for the Hotel Auersperg. Not a cheap hotel, but good value and very nice. I would not hesitate to return.

Posted by
32200 posts

Barbara, I stayed at the Hotel Goldene Krone in Salzburg, and would certainly recommend them. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were nice and they served a good breakfast. The Church Bells were noticeable in the evenings, but they appear to be switched off at night. The Hotel is in a nice location, with lots of nice restaurants and shops on the nearby streets, and it's an easy walk to the bridge across the river if you want to visit the Fortress. Travel by train would be far easier (IMHO). If you rent a car in Italy and drop in Austria, there could be a HUGE charge. You could (for example) depart Bolzano at 10:33, arriving Salzburg at 15:07 (time 4H:34M, 1 change at Innsbruck, reservations compulsory). There are earlier departures also, some with two changes. I always enjoy the scenery on the rail trip through the Brenner Pass. I'd probably pick up a Panino, soft drink and some snacks in Bolzano, and then you can enjoy a fine lunch while you watch the scenery pass by the window. Happy travels!

Posted by
2193 posts

It's been a few years, but I'll highly recommend Weisse Taube right in the old center. As far as I know, it still gets high marks on tripadvisor. If I were going to Salzburg tomorrow, this is where I would stay again. http://www.weissetaube.at/

Posted by
8125 posts

Barbara: We've had some great experiences staying in Bed and Breakfasts in Salzburg and their suburbs. We've found the people in the city to be very accommodating. Our hosts have been like having our own personal tour guide of the city. And the most reasonably price accommodations in Austria are perfectly clean and suitable.
See: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/salzburg-austria.html

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you all so much for your replies. I found them to be very helpful as I try to sort through everything. I have taken notes and will do some more searching. Barbara