Please sign in to post.

Vayama.com

Has anyone booked travel on vayama.com? Their posted airfare is a lot cheaper than anywhere else (Seattle/Rome round trip for $850). They are a fairly new company, so just looking to see if anyone has had good/bad luck with them. Thanks.

Audrey

Posted by
7737 posts

You don't say when that $850 ticket is for. I went to Kayak.com and found a round trip Seattle-Rome ticket for $595, departing Seattle 2/7 and returning 2/14.

Posted by
24 posts

The fare quoted was for mid September. Has anyone booked anything on vayama.com?

Posted by
8 posts

I booked my trip for 3 on Vayama two weeks ago, only because their site popped up and they were the cheapest. I was nervous so I called the airline last week to confirm I had seats for the flights. I'm leaving next Friday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
kathy

Posted by
110 posts

I too have seen cheaper prices with them, but I became weary when I read this article and saw these postings.

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=693

I didn't want to risk this trip with them and thought I would pay the extra for the sound of mind. What really scared me was that one person said the Vayama told them the fare was higher than expected and that they were charging their credit card the 35% extra of the agreed price.

Posted by
8 posts

just got back from Italy and booked through vayama. Everything went well except my husband and son are both william so didn't have boarding passes for connecting flights for my son. Needed to get them before boarding at ticket counter. I was worried I would be charges extra.