Please sign in to post.

Flying from Orlando, FL to Florence, Italy

My husband and I are planning to go to Florence for the month of June. We have our accomodations reserved, and I've been looking into flights from Orlando to Florence. Ouch! $1500+ is what I'm finding on Kayak and fly.com! The website "I Dream of Italy" is saying book now - prices to Italy are just going to climb from now on (for travel this summer)? What do you all think? Any suggestions to help us save some money will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by
1501 posts

I'm actually surprised it's that low being that you're landing in Florence and not Rome or Milan. I went last April and it was $1400 Atlanta/Rome! It's usually more expensive to fly direct into Florence or Venice.

Posted by
8159 posts

Pisa is a bigger airport than Florence, and it's 1 hr. west of Florence by train. Price check flying Orlando to London-Gatwick on VirginAtlantic or British Airways. Then price out what EasyJet.com into Pisa would run you. If you flew the last few days of May or the first 3 days of June, flights May be less expensive. Flights also appear to be cheaper on Monday and Tuesday departures. I don't expect flights to be any less expensive this Summer. We're fortunate that we can travel in the Spring when things are cheaper.

Posted by
15204 posts

$1500 for June to Florence is about right nowadays. You might be able to save a bit if you fly to Rome. However if Rome is not in your itinerary, but only Florence, you may not save anything by flying to Rome because the round trip cost from Florence to Rome airport is appox. 120 euros ($160) by train.

Posted by
88 posts

Have you tried Tripadvisor? You can set up an email alert for when fares drop if you have some flexibility. Good luck!