Please sign in to post.

Tour or Self Guided?

My husband, daughter (20) and myself are planning a trip to Dornbirn, Austria mid February. We were planning to take a train from Zurich to Venice, spend 2 or 3 nights in Venice then take train travel to Milan and spend 2 nights in Milan before returning to Zurich to fly home. . Originally, we planned to make all Italy arrangements ourselves but now wonder whether a tour from Zurich (or Dornbirn) to Italy and these destinations may be less expensive and certainly less organizing for us. Can anyone suggest which travel option is best and/or recommend any travel companies in Dornbirn or Zurich that might offer such an itinerary?

Posted by
32206 posts

Anna, I don't know of any tour companies that offer cover that specific Itinerary. I suspect you'll have to use "self guided" travel. It wasn't clear at which point you'll be visiting Dornbirn? It's a bit "off the beaten track" for tourists, so not sure what transportation links are available there? It appears that the time frame of your trip is about a week? Cheers!

Posted by
1994 posts

I don't know of a full tour you could do, but one possibility would be using local walking tours once you arrive. Context Venice is very good; you could check their website. And Milan has great public transportation so it would be easy to do on your own once you decide what interests you.