Please sign in to post.

Apartment rentals in Venice

Has anyone books apartment rentals in Venice through Cross Pollinate? I am ineterested in Casa Carlo Goldoni in particular but would appreciate any help on apartments. We will have 2-4 adults and an infant. Thanks so much!!

Posted by
16367 posts

I was not familiar with Cross-Pollinate or that apartment so I took a look. It looks nice, especially the lower floor with exposed beam ceiling. That one mosaic is pretty graphic! Not sure I would want to be looking at that all the time, but maybe it is in a secluded spot. Personally I would want to see photos of the kitchen area, and views out the windows. Also, for four adults, I would want two bathrooms or at least 1.5. There are a number of reliable and reputable apartment agencies in Venice, and a dizzying array of apartments. When I was looking for one to rent for a month, I found I could limit my search to a particular feature that was important. In our case that was an Altana, or rooftop terrace. Or you can look for a canal view, or particular sestrieri, elevator, etc.

Posted by
71 posts

We stayed in the Chimney Sweep Well Apartment this past summer - I can't say enough good things about it. It was spotless, perfect location, wonderful hostess, reasonable...it has two bedrooms, two baths and a canal view - I promise you will love it!
We booked it on VRBO I think, but you can just google it and I am sure you will find it. Have fun!

Posted by
492 posts

I think this is the website for the apartment that Donna mentioned above. It is indeed a great apartment. I also used Luxrest Venice and had very good experience.

Posted by
3115 posts

Is the living-dining area in that Chimney Sweep apartment as narrow as it looks in the photos? Which room has a view of the canal?

Posted by
71 posts

Yes, it is a long narrow room. The kitchen area is really just one wall of the long room - not a real kitchen, but adequate...we did not prepare any full meals (I refuse to cook major meals on vacation :), but it is great for breakfast and snacks. The dining area at the end of the long room is where the window to the canal is - I think at one time there probably was a door to the canal, but now it is just a window - you can not go out on the ledge, but really it is fabulous sitting at the table and watching the gondolas pass. The terrace is on the inside of the building with the washer and dryer area and a small table to sit at - no view, but peaceful and quiet.
The living, kitchen, dining long room is not huge, but it certainly was more than adequate for my family of 4 - all 18 and over - it was not crowded - the bedrooms are very nice and the bathrooms are also spacious by many standards.

Posted by
71 posts

I just looked at the pictures and it does look really narrow there - I don't remember thinking it was unusually narrow - just not spacious. I was thrilled with this apartment and felt it was the best place we stayed during our entire visit.