Please sign in to post.

Milan to Florence

I will be in Menaggio, Lake Como,and am able to return to Malpensa Airport using the online Trenord website. From the airport, I'd like to get to Florence. I believe I should get from the airport to the Centrale Station and from there catch a train to the S.M.Novella Station in Florence. I've tried the Trenitalia website, but it hasn't been helpful. Help needed please to get from Malpensa airport to the train station and to Florence. Thank you.

Posted by
23282 posts

Not sure what you mean by not helpful. You need to get to the train station from the airport - two trains an hour and then take the train to Florence. Trenitilia will give you the schedule. trenitilia will not show the train from the airport. When are you going? Schedules are only posted about 90 Amy's out.

Posted by
6898 posts

Trenitalia clearly shows all of the train runs from the Malpensa airport to Florence. You need to input Malpensa Aeroporto and Firenze S.M. Novella. I can easily see all of the runs. You can buy the tickets at the airport train station or you can buy them in advance at the Milan train station as you come through to go to Varenna. It doesn't look like you can buy this run online. I can't see the red purchase options at this time. At the Malpensa airport train station, you will need to take the Regionale train to Milano Centrale. Make sure that you don't take the one to Milano Cordona. At Milano Centrale, you change to a high-speed to Florence. The trip will take just under 3hrs.

Posted by
20146 posts

Not sure why you have to go from Menaggio back to the airport and then on to Florence. Drop off or pick someone up? As we already know, there are 2 trains per hour Malpensa to Milano Centrale. You will need a separate ticket for the Malpensa Express train, and a ticket for the Milano Centrale to Firenza S. M. Novella. Here is the Trenord Malpensa Express schedule site.
http://www.malpensaexpress.it/en/orari_e_news/content.php

Posted by
83 posts

Okay, I got it. Will go from Como Nord Lago to Milan Centrale Station, then catch the train to S.M. Novella station in Florence. Thank you, you've all been a great help, especially not backtracking to the airport.