Please sign in to post.

90-120 euros in Rome? Suggestions for a room..

I would love actual experiences of places that you stayed and loved. I like simple and clean . Have you stayed at a place that stood out for you in this price range?
Grazie!

Posted by
4152 posts

My sister stayed at INN Domus Diana near the colosseum and really loved it. She said it was simple but nice. Donna

Posted by
26 posts

Al Centro di Roma is a B&B that's central between the Pantheon, Piazza Navona & Campo di Fiori. You can't beat the location and it was only 100 Euros a night. It was exactly what you're asking for - simple but extremely clean!

Posted by
4 posts

We rented an apartment using FlipKey ... lots of selection in that price range. Much, much better than a hotel.

Posted by
833 posts

Alberto Abruzzi in Rome was fabulous during my stay this August. Very nicely located in the Piazza Della Rotunda (Pantheon), friendly staff (they upgraded us!) and good breakfast. In your price range.

Posted by
2023 posts

You do not mention when you plan to be in Rome. We stayed at Hotel Parlemento a few years ago in Nov for 105 euros per night, Great location and staff. Not luxurious but very clean with a nice breakfast. Has an elevator.

Posted by
15 posts

In Rome we stayed in the Trastevere area at Hotel Casa di Santa Francesca Romana. Lovely area, great restaurants nearby, and excellent breakfast buffet included. Check out Tripadvisor in addition to Rick Steves book. Nice, clean hotel with friendly staff.

Posted by
1021 posts

Hotel Forte is a good hotel near the Spanish Steps that fits the budget.

Posted by
1003 posts

I second Al Centro di Roma. absolutely perfect location!

Posted by
51 posts

We loved Comfort Rome Vaticano. Very clean, two rooms, quiet and safe neighborhood, convenient to metro and bus.

Posted by
11507 posts

Monique,, are you going in summer, if so don't skimp on getting a place with air conditioning, Rome is really hot then and after touring all day you will hate a hot room. I stayed at the Hotel Selene near Termini Station when on a RS tour. I went a few days early and stayed there,, and found if you paid in cash you got a discount. At that time( two years ago) a double room was 90 euros , was clean, had a nice bathroom a mini fridge ( great to store cold drinks in).

Posted by
32795 posts

Pat She was going day or so after her post - she was writing from her trip. She may be back by now.

Posted by
1003 posts

Was just in Rome from Oct. 13-24 and rented an apartment for the 3 of us just a few steps from Piazza Navona and Piazza Pasquino. We paid 150 Euros/night but had so much space! Two bedrooms/1 bath, huge living room, sunlight-filled dining room and great wi-fi. It was wonderful and would stay here again. Otherwise hotels we have stayed at in Rome are Hotel Italia off of Via Nazionale which was very nice and Hotel Smeraldo, which is very close to Campo di Fiori. I prefer the location of the Smeraldo and this apt. vs. Hotel Italia. When are you going? If it is in the summer months you will want a/c as it gets incredibly hot in Rome during the summer.

Posted by
11507 posts

Thanks Nigel,, where did you get that from though?? I sometimes forget to check dates on posts but this was just recent?

Posted by
7737 posts

Monique has posted lots of requests for information recently. In several of those she has stated that she was already in Italy. She was doing the kind of travel that makes me way too nervous - going without reservations or even a firm itinerary. More power to her! Let's hope she posts some tips for others who are tempted to do the same thing. Happy travels.

Posted by
9110 posts

What are reservations? What is an itinerary? Damnedest concepts I ever heard of!

Posted by
230 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Italia, Via Venezia, 18 in September. We had a quad, but the rate for a double (during peak season) is about €120 (be sure to mention that you want the Rick Steve's rate). It's within walking distance of the Termini Station. Internet service, a room safe and a simple continental breakfast were included. Air conditioning is extra. The fellow at the desk said that during the off-season, the rate will go down substantially. The room itself was great (altho there were times we wished for air conditioning). The newly-remodeled bathroom was actually nicer that the one at the airport Hilton where we had to stay when our flight was delayed. There are a couple caveats (not necessarily deal breakers). The slightly uneven main stairs (including a few you have to navigate before reaching an elevator) are poorly lit. This could easily be fixed by installing motion-activated lighting, as we have seen in other hotels. Every member of our family tripped multiple times even when we knew we had to be careful. The rooms are secured by two keys, one for a pleasant antechamber common to all the rooms on the floor and one for the room itself. Neither door could be opened from the inside without a key - not great from a fire safety standpoint, to our way of thinking. We took to leaving our key in the lock so that we would not be fumbling for it in the event of an emergency. The staff was friendly. We took their hired car back to the airport - €5-10 more than a cab, but their driver drove safely and efficiently and kept his eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel (the taxi driver who took us to the hotel did neither). We would stay there again (I'd bring a flashlight for those stairs!), but I would not recommend it for anyone with low vision issues because of the stairs.