Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Florence

Hi,
I am trying to decide between 3 hotels in Florence
Hotel Enza,Hotel Aldobrandini and Hotel il Bargellino. We wiil be 2 woman and 1 teenage girl.We are looking for something clean and quiet in a safe neighborhood.
Has anyone stayed in any of these places or know of any place good for about 100 euros?
Thanks,
Bridget

Posted by
586 posts

Hey, Bridget,

My wife and I just spent two nights at the Hotel Pendini in Florence, one of the smaller hotels in the Steves Italy book. I think we paid 88 euros for a double...was a great location in Piazza della Republica, very quick walk to Duomo and Ponte Vecchio and Palazzo Vecchio. Be sure to take the hike (about 30-40 minutes) up Piazzale Michelangelo for the view of the town from up high. The hotel staff was GREAT. Good luck.

John

Posted by
3580 posts

I stayed in a single room at H. Enza last spring. It was all the things you want in a room, including being ensuite. Free internet, pleasant English-speaking desk personnel, good breakfast (extra charge), walking distance of 5-15 min to main attractions or train station. And the price was right.

Posted by
32303 posts

Bridget, I stayed at Hotel Aldobrandini last year, and would certainly recommend it. The owner (I believe his name was Ignazio) was great, and the location is within easy walking distance from Firenze S.M.N. station and other sites (Uffizi,Accademia, etc). I walked everywhere with no problems. If you stay there, be sure to ask Ignazio about his favourite restaurants - I visited one of his recommended places several times, and ate well!

The breakfast was the "standard" sort of Continental breakfast provided in Italy, but was good. I had a single room, so can only judge based on that - it was a basic, no frills room but certainly met Rick's standards of "clean, safe and affordable".

During the day, there's a large street market in that part of town which is kind of interesting. Be sure to wear a Money Belt though!

Hope this helps? Happy travels!

Posted by
4 posts

We stayed in Hotel Loggiato de Serviti 39 055 289592 in the annex and liked it very much. Only about 4 blocks to the Domo. We walked to all major sites from the hotel.

Posted by
424 posts

Bridget, I have stayed twice this year at Hotel Il Bargellino. It is very close the train station. I believe they have a "triple room" that would suit your needs. Carmel (from Boston) and her Italian husband Pino treat you like family. They do not serve breakfast but each room has a refrigerator so you can buy food items at the grocery store close by and keep them cool. They have a beautiful terrace where you can enjoy your snacks.

Posted by
166 posts

Hi Bridget!

This last September I stayed in Hotel il Bargellino, and I loved it. I traveled alone (I am a 25 year old female), and felt extremely safe in the neighborhood. The hotel is extremely clean and beautifully decorated, with statues and unique furniture pieces located throughout. I thought the hotel seemed a lot more expensive than was actually reflected in the price! It’s very easy to find from the train station, about a 5 minute walk, and located close to many of the sites (Duomo, Accademia). I didn’t get to meet Carmel, but Pino is really smiling and nice and happy to help. Good luck!

Posted by
5 posts

we just stayed at the Tourist House Ghiberti, a bed and breakfast half a block behind the Duomo. It's a great quiet location. The staff spoke great English, was extremely and prepared an excellent breakfast. The room was one of the nicest we had out of four different hotels in Italy for 2 weeks including a large flat screen on the wall. They have a free jacuzzi and sauna as well. Here's a link to them- http://en.venere.com/bed_and_breakfasts_florence/duomo/bed_and_breakfast_tourist_house_ghiberti.html?sd=22&sm=12&sy=2007&ed=24&em=12&ey=2007&rval=1&pval=2