Please sign in to post.

Where to stay???

We are spending several days visiting Florence, Siena, and the Cinque Terre. We would like to stay in one of the cities and use it as a base to day trip to the other two. Which city would you recommend staying at? We are looking to stay at a B&B...
Thanks

Posted by
525 posts

I think traveling from Florence to CT would be a wasted day because you would not be able to spend just a few hours trying to hike or take the boat to the individual towns. I'd skip CT and do towns closer to Florence. Siena would take a day to get to and tour to enjoy. My husband and I only had a couple hours in Siena on our way to Orvieto. Big mistake not to have spent more time to enjoy. There are so many places closer to Florence that you could do a day trip to. Other posters will tell you the towns since we went on south for a week.
I'd spend more time around Siena area to reach some of the hilltowns. You need at least two if not 3 days in the Cinque Terre. You did not say what time of year you will be traveling and how many days you will have. It makes a difference. Are you going to Venice?

Posted by
6 posts

Maybe we should split them up? Spend some time in florence and siena? Then a couple of days in Cinque Terre?