Please sign in to post.

Gondola in Venice

Do I need to book ahead for a Gondola ride with a singer and an accordionist in Venice? I looked on the www.gondolavenezia.it and don't see anywhere to make a reservation. Please advise, Thanks, Sue

Posted by
7737 posts

You do know it will cost an arm and a leg, right? (or as the Italians say "an eye and an ear"). Gondolas are everywhere, but your request for an accordionist is the stumper. I don't remember seeing one anywhere. Hopefully someone else can help you out. Good luck.

Posted by
1540 posts

My friends were recently in Venice and they had to pay $80US for a 30 minute ride. I suppose it is a memory of a lifetime - but be prepared. Have a wonderful time.

Posted by
3551 posts

I would check w/ tourist bureau for Venice and/or concierge at your hotel for custom type arrangements.
If you decide all is too pricey biut still want to do gondola ride they have share arrangements that can be organized w/ gondelier.

Posted by
1501 posts

Damn the cost! I've been to Venice twice and never parted with the money. Stood on the Rialto and watched them go by, with singer, accordionist......most romantic thing ever. Do it! If I ever get back, I will do this for sure.

Posted by
12 posts

Thanks for the tips...Yes...I want to do it...just have to figure out how!! Sue

Posted by
99 posts

Well, we paid 100 euros for a 1/2 hour ride (without music). The best part (for me) was the absolute quiet as we went into the small back canals. It was almost magical. I could imagine the history, the people who lived there in the past. One of those things I recommend doing once in a lifetime. But I sure did not need music.

Posted by
2788 posts

First of all, my wife and I were taken on a Gondola with a singer and an accordionist in Venice some years ago. Luckily, we did not have to pay for it and I do not know what it cost. Did we enjoy it? Definitely. However, I see two posts that mention 80E and 100E for 30 minutes without the on board entertainment. At those rates, I would be hesitant to go again without even knowing what the other would cost.
We will be in Venice in September and will enjoy standing on one of the many bridges and watch the gondolas go by, saving that cost for expensive (everywhere) meals. If you can afford the cost I would say definitely do it as it is a memory of a life time.

Posted by
2 posts

Saw a picture just this week of 2 lovers on a Gondola with a grand piano on the platform. That sure beats an accordion. Wish I could remember where I as it.

Posted by
23 posts

Just back after 3 d in Venice. Did a most pleasant 40 m gondola ride with my wife for 80E from the Accademia Bridge after lunch at Ristorante Foscarini. No music on our ride, but it will be pricy. Have your lodging help you. Cheers, Tom