Please sign in to post.

Thello overnight train from Venice to Paris

I searched this site and didn't find anything about the Thello night train between Venice and Paris. I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. I've heard less than good things about night trains in general these days, but was wondering how Thello is specifically. It would sure fit in nicely with our itinerary, as it drops you right at Gare de Lyon instead of flying into CDG. Thanks!

Posted by
6898 posts

The Thello train is a new night train service that runs between Paris/Milan/Venice. The website is www.thello.com. However, it's in French. I don't see an English page. I don't speak or understand French but I seem to be able to get through the process. If you can put in your travel dates, fares will come up. Just click on the fare you want and you will get the passenger information page. I didn't see any special fares. Give it a try.

Posted by
415 posts

You could try www.seat61.com for more info. This is one person's personal site with good info about train travelin europe.I believe there is a whole section on travelling between France and Italy on the train. I thought perhaps that you now have to change from a French Train to an Italian one at either Torino or Milano? But I could be mistaken about that.

Posted by
893 posts

The Thello train is pretty new. They've been advertising a lot here, but I don't know anyone who has tried them.