Please sign in to post.

Seeing Lucca...the easy way?

Greetings Italy Travelers! My spouse and I are looking for the easiest way to see Lucca, Italy. So far, we know we'll be flying into Milan, flying out of Rome, and plan to stay a few nights in Cinqueterre, nearly a week in Florence, and overnight in Siena. Would it be best to see Lucca on the way from Cinqueterre to Florence? OR, would it be best (given bus or train availability) to get to Florence first, and then train/bus out to Lucca? Thanks!

Posted by
166 posts

I love Lucca so I would take one of the nights from Florence and spend it in Lucca. I presume you're going to the CT after Milan, then you could stop one night in Lucca and then hit Florence. Have a great trip

Posted by
10261 posts

We spent a night in Lucca on our way from Florence to the Cinque Terre. I would take a night from Florence and spend it in Lucca. Will you be traveling by train? We stayed at Hotel Rex, located next to the train station (no train noise though) and just outside the walls. They have bikes there for their customers use too.

Posted by
32224 posts

I provided an answer in your other Thread on this subject.

Posted by
396 posts

I would go from Florence to see Lucca. The train station is across the street from the "walls". I would recommend staying inside the walls of Lucca.
Ovenight is not long enough for the amazing city of Siena. I have restaurant and lodging recommendations for both towns. If you want them send me a private email and I will reply. My daughter and son are spending one week in Siena this year and I will be there in September. Plan to spend a week between Siena/Lucca.