Please sign in to post.

Hotel Jungfrau

My parents and I will be staying at the Hotel Jungfrau in Murren in June. We have a room viewing the mountains and was wondering about a few things. How are Alan and Veronika? Are they friendly? Will they help you with hiking plans and tell you where the best places to hike are. How nice is the weather in the Berner Oberland in late June? Anything we shouldn't miss? We have a superior room, is this big enough for 3 adults? Thanks!

Posted by
515 posts

I am sorry, I noticed I put this in the wrong section!

Posted by
317 posts

Hi Brendon, My family and I stayed in Lauterbrunnen last June, so I can't speak to the hotel issues, but I can tell you that the weather is mild, 60s. You should see both the Trummelbach falls and go to the Jungfraujoch. Jungfraujoch is quite cold, being the mountain pass and you will need hats, gloves, winter coats. It often fogs in as the day wears on, so get the very first train up in the morning (something like 6:30 or 7:00am). The Jungfraujoch is spectacular. Rick's book on Switzerland tells of at least 6 or 7 hikes in the area, mild to strenuous and we did two of these. I have traveled throughout Europe and would honestly say that the BO is one of my favorite places ever. Enjoy. Kaye
FOlsom, CA

Posted by
7737 posts

Brendon, you can easily delete this posting and re-post in the correct section.