Please sign in to post.

Train route

What is the best route from Venice with a day stop in Pisa then on to Rome by evening?

Posted by
32821 posts

You will be going way out of the way for a single architectural curiosity. Now, my wife and I did enjoy our visit a few years ago. We saw the tower, and all the tourists taking the standard Pisa photos, and watching them climbing. But what we liked best was the Duomo and its Baptistry. The problem is, that it really is a long way off the route for a relatively small reward. Venice is in the upper right hand corner of Italy, Pisa is all the way across the country on the other coast. The main train line from Venice to Rome is pretty much a straight line, via Bologna and Firenze. Going over to Pisa really is out of the way.

Posted by
4152 posts

You,ll need to purchase separate tickets for this type of trip. One from Venice to Pisa and one from Pisa to Rome. Use the official trenitalia site to look at schedules and fares. Donna

Posted by
62 posts

Thank you. I did check but did not locate a train from venice to Pisa....looks like I have to go to Florence and then transfer to Pisa, if I am reading it correctly.