Please sign in to post.

Honeymoon Help

So, we booked our honeymoon over the summer, trying to plan ahead. We have one night in Florence, 4 nights in Cinque Terre, and 2 in Paris. We were supposed to stay at the Villa Steno while we were in Monterosso. In light of the floods, we don't know what we should do, as we are going in mid-April. We cannot change our airfare, so we will be flying into Florence and will have 5 days before we fly out of Florence. What would you do? Keep the trip as planned? Stay in Florence? Check out Siena? Go to Rapallo? This is my first trip to Italy, so I want to make sure it's fantastic. Thanks!

Posted by
7737 posts

Maybe it's just me, but I can't think of a better place than Venice for a honeymoon. Is there a reason it's not on your itinerary? April is a bit early to appreciate the CT at their best. Here are some highlight photos and video clips from our visit to Venice in May 2008, to show a little of what I mean. Venice is a quick 2 hour high speed train ride from Florence. Happy travels.

Posted by
32325 posts

Meg, First of all congratulations! If you have reservations at Hotel Villa Steno, I'd highly recommend staying there. They'll be open for the season on March 30th, and you'll be treated to the most wonderful hospitality. The "old town" section of Monterosso has made a remarkable recovery from the flood, and most of the businesses will be open for the season on time. Happy travels!

Posted by
360 posts

I would do 3 nights in Florence and 2 nights in Monterosso.
2 nights in Paris is going to be very rushed

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks! We have both been to Paris before, so we don't have a long list of things to do. We actually weren't planning to go to Paris, it had more to do with our flights than anything else.

Posted by
17244 posts

For a honeymoon, I would stay at La Toretta in Manarola. It is lovely and very romantic. Two nights would be enough; add a night to Florence and consider another small town such as Siena for the other two nights.