Please sign in to post.

8-day trip in Rome-Florence-Amalfi Coast in end of April 2024 - too much or doable?

Being first timers in Italy, I wonder if this itinerary is too much for 8 days considering Amalfi Coast is all the way in the South. Is end-April a good time to be in Amalfi Coast? Any recommendations on where to stay?

To get back home from Amalfi Coast to Seattle, WA, is it best to go back to Rome from Amalfi Coast then fly to Seattle? We will be flying in from Seattle to Paris and stay there for 4 nights then fly to Rome.

Would appreciate your comments/suggestions. Thank you.

Posted by
1494 posts

Weather reports for Amalfi Coast in April shows 67 F as a high, with some cloudy skies. If going to the beach is your goal; it isn't that great for sunbathing. If this is your 1st time for Italy, and you only have 8 days, you should study some of the RS Italy itineraries as a guide. Friends of mine spent a week in Rome and enjoyed day tours from there. If you go to Amalfi you can go to Naples and Pompeii and the Isle of Capri. You'll have to decide if you have enough time to go to Florence and Venice.

Posted by
2474 posts

I would skip Florence. Can you fly from Paris to Naples instead? Or the new airport in Salerno Costa d’Amalfi? Spend 3-4 nights there, then go to Rome for 4-5 nights. Then fly home from Rome.

Posted by
6993 posts

8 days usually means 7 NIGHTS, so you have barely time for 2 locations.
Rome and Florence will be easier and for first timer I would say the better choice.

Take train to Florence on arrival to Rome spend 3 nights,
Take train back to Rome for 4 nights
Fly home from Rome

Save Amalfi coast for your next trip when you can give it the time it needs / deserves

All 3 locations you’ve mentioned will be busy with tourists in April

ETA
Since you’re flying from Paris
Look at flights to Florence, Pisa or even Bologna
Start your trip in Florence
End in Rome