Please sign in to post.

Car Rental for Tuscany

Where is the best place to rent a car to travel through Tuscany? We will be flying into Florence. Jane

Posted by
3313 posts

I've found it easy to rent in Florence but you have to be sure you know the route out of town. For that reason, a lot of people here suggest the Florence airport.

Posted by
800 posts

If you are flying into Florence, then rent from the Florence airport. Airports always have the biggest selection of cars, though sometimes there is an airport surcharge (not that much).

Posted by
20 posts

Would suggest you try Avis on line. If there is a problem, you can resolve it here without contacting Avis in Europe. prices are as good as any other vendor.
Also suggest the airport as they have good people and are good with directions.

Posted by
1078 posts

Suggest you look at www.expedia.co.uk. for rates that included insurance, which is usually extra when using a U.S. rental website. Also, make sure that your headlights are not set on "city," which are super dim for country driving.

Posted by
359 posts

AutoEurope has location on Borgognissanti that is very convenient for leaving Florence for "Chianti Road"...

Posted by
24 posts

Many rentals at airport. Just called AutoEurope to ask some questions. They are a consolidator and you get a voucher for the actual company who rents the car. What they told me sounded very good and I will book with them for May. 1-207-842-2000. They are open 24/7 if any problems, if you find a lower rate they will match. If the company you get your car from says they don't have the car you want and says you must pay more, that is not allowed with AutoEurope. That has happened to us.