Please sign in to post.

Medications

I will be travelling to Italy in a couple of weeks and I have a question regarding prescriptions. I have 3 different types, all in the bottles, will I have a problem at the airports, here and Italy? Thanks

Posted by
1201 posts

In a word, no.

Just keep them with you in a carry on and not a checked bag, so they won't get lost.

Posted by
1127 posts

Nope, no problems. Take the advice above and bring them in your carry on. Never risk medication in checked luggage.

Posted by
689 posts

If your meds are liquids or gels - just have them in a quart size baggie - seperate from your other 3 oz containers. I have a face cream that is larger than 3 oz - so I just carried it with the box with the prescription info in its own baggie. It did not count as the normal liquids/gels. No problems.

Posted by
805 posts

Take it in its original containers if at all possible so that if asked, not likely, you can show the customs/security officers that they are perscribed for you.

Other than that, I echo the comments expressed above.

Posted by
66 posts

Lois: Just to confirm, I just got back from Italy. My husband takes 6 different prescriptions for diabetes, so I was really worried about them being confiscated. I spent a lot of time making copies of all of the prescriptions, took things in marked bottles, etc etc.
Bottom line is: no one, anywhere, Italy or US, paid any attention whatsoever to our medications. I had them in a zippered bag in our carry on, and was never asked to open the bag or anything....
Kind of anticlimatic, after all the time I put into worrying about it!

Posted by
160 posts

Thanks so much everyone. I feel much better now.