Please sign in to post.

Eatting in Rome

Our group arrives in Rome on October 21. We're lodging at Pinewood Hotel. Can you give me some advice regarding good and reasonable resturants near by?

Posted by
7737 posts

I had to look it up to see where you were. You're west of Vatican City. I imagine you might get more enjoyment out of eating in the historic center of Rome, and then taking a cab back to your hotel. Good luck.

Posted by
32213 posts

Sandra, Your Hotel appears to be somewhat on the "outskirts" of the city, so I'm not familiar with any restaurants in that area. I'd suggest asking the Hotel staff, as they will definitely have good information on restaurants in the vicinity. I use that method frequently, and always get good recommendations. Happy travels!

Posted by
864 posts

Where in Rome is the Pinewood Hotel and how many people are we talking about? Large groups will get so so food generally so think about breaking up into groups. As in "we want to eat early" "we want spicy food" etc. Ask your hotel for recommendations but really if you break up in groups of four and walk around you'll find plenty of options. Probably most places in the tourist areas you find will have an English Menu posted outside. My Japanese daughter-in-law does not read Italian nor does my Swedish cousin (French, German yes). So at least in Rome (or Florence) this isn't necessarily bad (it's just not, well, good - but who has a local guide Italian speaking foodie with them). Our favorite ploy is to order something we know and the other person just stabs in the dark at the menu. Had some wonderful meals that way and if well, it's like, what in the hell is that, you can split the chicken.