Please sign in to post.

Rome in February

Hi we are considering Rome in Feb...I have a 12 year old son, what are you opinions? I have found flights a lot cheaper than April. Trying to go when my son is on school break, any comments or suggestions would be awesome.

Posted by
1127 posts

Hotels will be a lot cheaper and the crowds don't be there in February. Easter is in April this year, making it a busy time in Rome. You'll have to weigh the pros/cons with the prices of traveling in Feb vs April.

Posted by
515 posts

Opinions about what? I've been in Rome for the first week of March and I've lived in Boston. I've been a 12 year old son. I am opinionated. I would do some of those things again. Others, not so much.

Posted by
3696 posts

I traveled there a few years ago in Feb. and the weather was unpredictable, but there are plenty of things to do inside. It was really windy one day, but the rest of the time it was brisk. Just dress appropriately. Definitely cheaper and a lot less tourists. I have also been there in July amidst the hordes of tourists, and it was in the mid to high 90s.
I'll take Feb.... and we still had plenty of gelato. It's Italy, how bad can it be?