Please sign in to post.

Marco Polo Airport

About how long does it take to get from the airport to a hotel near the Rialto?

Posted by
89 posts

Too many possible scenarios here to give a meaningful answer. For example, how are you traveling to the hotel? What time of day are you arriving? Marco Polo is crazy busy mid morning. I am driving to Venice next week from Umbria and will drop off a rent car at Marco Polo and then get a water taxi to go to my hotel near Rialto. I am giving myself an hour after the drop off before arriving at the hotel. But I could make the trip in 30 minutes if everything went perfectly. But somehow things always go to slow motion when I am in Venice. So, give yourself an hour or so to get to the hotel and enjoy those precious moments on the canal as you arrive in magical Venice.

Posted by
7737 posts

We've done both the bus and Alilaguna. I would describe the walk from the airport terminal to the Alilaguna landing as a long walk, not a short walk. If you have a lot of bags, it could be a major pain. And only part of it is somewhat sheltered. If it's raining it would be even more of a drag. Happy travels.

Posted by
11 posts

Your options for getting to Venice from Marco Polo airport are by bus and by Alilaguna boat - and taxi. Bus is a lot cheaper than Alilaguna. Bus may be a little quicker at between a half hour and 45 minutes. Alilaguna can be 45 minutes or more depending on how many stops it will make before you get off. There is a short walk from the airport terminal to the Alilaguna; the bus is just outside the terminal door. If by bus, you then transfer to a vaporetto for the short trip on the Grand Canal to the Rialto and walk to your hotel. If by boat, it will drop you at the same Rialto stop. Happy travels!