Please sign in to post.

Vatican/Sistene Chapel Tour

We are staying at the Hotel Oceania per recommendations from a colleague at work and per RS's book. We only have a day in Rome so we get one chance. They recommended Carrani Tours. I looked at Trip Advisor and the feedback was less than glowing. Any recommendations?

Posted by
2367 posts

Have you looked for ay information in Rick's Rome book, he usually will recommend a guide. We were lucky as had a nephew there who took us around. I am sure you will get someone else on here who will help. Good luck.

Posted by
11336 posts

I can highly recommend Walks of Italy's "Pristine Sistine" tour http://www.walksofitaly.com/. Fabulous tour, educational, informative AND entertaining. Done by noon, you'll still have time for lunch and to wander through Piazza Navona and see the Pantheon, or maybe the Forum and Colosseum.

Posted by
40 posts

I would recommend Context Tours. We went thru the Vatican and St. Peter's in May. The tour was expensive but worth every penny. Jose was our guide and was with us for 5 hours, due to slow movement from so many people. Jose teaches drawing and is able to point finite aspects of all paintings and able to answer all questions. Go as early in the AM that you can to avoid so many people.

Posted by
94 posts

I booked the vatican/Sistene Chapel before my family went to Rome for vacation this summer. I did not go on a tour and it still was great. We downloaded alot of information before we left for our trip and it was good.

Posted by
74 posts

I second Laurel's sugestion for the Walks of Italy's "Pristine Sistine" tour. We took it the end of June and the guide was personable and very knowledgeable. Also, it gets into the Museum at 8:00 AM, and heads directly to the Sistine Chapel. We avoided a crush of people by using this tour. Later as we walked through the Sistine Chapel to finish our tour in St. Peter's, the chapel was pretty much shoulder to shoulder.