Please sign in to post.

Eating in Siena

About 13 years ago on our honeymoon, my husband and I ate dinner at a RS recommended restaurant. I believe it was a short walking distance from Il Campo up a short hill. It was listed in the guidebook as an Etruscan restaurant favored by locals. It was lovely and very unusual. There was seating on the first level but we were brought down stone stairs and ate in one of several small niches with only one or two tables each. There was a lower level with more extensive eating as well. I don't remember the name of the restaurant but we would like to eat there again. Might anyone know what it was called and if it still is a restaurant? We buy new books each year and we don't have this old one any longer.

Posted by
32 posts

That looks like it could be the place. Are there many restaurants that have these vaults? Another thing I remember was that they spoke little English. Of course, that could have changed over the years. This place looks wonderful even if it's not the place that we remember.
Thanks

Posted by
68 posts

If you cannot find it, there is also a place listed in the guidebook just off the main square, hole in the wall, to die for fresh pasta. We went for lunch, then again for dinner. Sorry, I can't remember the name we passed along our guidebooks.