Please sign in to post.

Day Tours in Rome

My wife and I are traveling to Rome in September and are interested in scheduling some day or sight tours to places of interest such as the Vatican, Colosseum, Pantheon, etc. Does Rick Steve's tours offer such tours and if not, can some be recommended along with contact information? Thanks.

Posted by
10344 posts

"tours to places of interest such as the Vatican, Colosseum, Pantheon, etc. Does Rick Steve's tours offer such tours." No. I'm sure others here will give recommendations of tours they've used.

Posted by
23297 posts

We have used and liked very much Angel Tours. I believe most of their tours are walking tours. And we always check with the TI for other local tours. Come join us on Jul 16 for our monthly get together.

Posted by
7737 posts

The RS books contain recommendations for guides for every major city, especially including Rome. If you don't have one, I encourage you to pick one up. Happy travels.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks all very much for the helpful replies to my request regarding day tours in Rome.

Posted by
1010 posts

We always use Gray Line Tours. They are based here in the U.S. You can book tours here or in Italy. We are going to Rome in September and will be using Gray Line in Rome. We have used Gray Line in Canada, Boston, New York, Australia, London, Paris, Bruges, etc. They are a great tour company and very dependable. Elaine

Posted by
203 posts

You might consider perusing the website of Through Eternity Tours. After looking at MANY websites for tour companies and researching reviews, I have booked three tours through them in October. Because we are there for only 4 days, I wanted some "help" skipping the lines and getting the "meat" of things, so to speak. Anything that I might feel needs more attention, I could go back through again, but in a worst case scenario I will have done the "highlights". I haven't used them yet, as I don't go until October. I am just throwing them out there as another resource.