Please sign in to post.

Rome Apartment Rentals

Hi guys, My husband and I will be in Rome for 5 nights from September 27th until October 2nd. I booked a B&B called Suites Trastevere based on TripAdvisor reviews. I now realize that this B&B is kinda far from the action and that it's not even close to the cute areas of Trastevere! I looked at other hotels and B&Bs closer to the historic center, but a lot of these are either outrageously priced or booked. Now, I'm thinking it would be more cost effective to rent an apartment closer to the historic center (at least in walking distance aka less than 15-20 minutes). We'd be willing to spend up to Euro 170 per night. Any suggestions of rental companies or general information regarding how I should find a reputable rental? Thanks so much!
Michelle

Posted by
11362 posts

We like Palazzo Olivia, near Piazza Navona. There are also good possibilities on VRBO.com, Homeaway.com, and The-Beehive.com.

Posted by
1127 posts

Try Nicolas Inn near the Coliseum. They have rooms and apartments and should easily fit your budget.

Posted by
148 posts

Try Sleep in italy, you can look at apartments by number of beds or location.

Posted by
1127 posts

Also check out the apartment reviews on SlowTrav.com. It's a great resource for apartment rental reviews. The agency as well as the apartment is reviewed, plus the neighborhood.

Posted by
78 posts

Hi! I just rented an apartment for Rome with staycity.com - we are going in August and we got a 2 bedroom apartment in a great location for 110 euros/night! (I have used staycity before and it was great.)

Posted by
1446 posts

Another vote for Palazzo Olivia (if it's not booked already). The location is fantastic and the apartments are clean and comfortable. I'm so glad we opted to stay in an apartment as opposed to a hotel because we had a lot more room in which to stretch out and it was nice having a refrigerator to put drinks and water bottles into.

Posted by
238 posts

You might also want to check out VRBO's 215521 and 336305, both apartments overlook Campo dei Fiori which is a great location. I've stayed in both and they were great.

Posted by
41 posts

DO NOT rent through Italy Perfect, whatever you do. We had a horrendous experience with them last year. I won't elaborate and re-live every painful detail. Suffice it to say that we got a hotel even when we had prepaid this US-based company.
Best of luck!

Posted by
784 posts

I've also had an excellent experience (so far) with sleep in italy.com You can definitely get a nice apartment for two people for 170 a night. sleep in italy only charges about 10% deposit and they have been wonderful to work with.

Posted by
238 posts

I recently rented VRBO 336305, which I mentioned above. It sleeps up to 6 and I paid 120 euros per night. The price may go up in summer season, but it was certainly worth more than I paid!

Posted by
13 posts

Hi Michelle, My wife and I used www.italy-accom.com last year for an apartment and had reasonable results. I say reasonable because we booked an apartment for approx. 80 E a night - the apartment was small and slightly run down but given the price it made sense once we saw it. I think for a higher class place you will probably be spending at least 120E -130E per night. We also used www.italy-accom.com for transport to and from the airport which was seamless.

Posted by
972 posts

I rented a great apartment on Campo di Fiori last year from Leisure in Rome that's in your price range. Have rented several times in Rome, and always have found really nice apartments for about the price of a really so-so hotel. They also offered reasonable car service to and from the airport.

Posted by
972 posts

I rented a great apartment on Campo di Fiori last year from Leisure in Rome that's in your price range. Have rented several times in Rome, and always have found really nice apartments for about the price of a really so-so hotel. They also offered reasonable car service to and from the airport.

Posted by
42 posts

I must disagree with the post which recommends not renting from Italy Perfect. I'm not sure what they experienced but we had a fabulous experience with them! We rented from them in Florence and my only regret was that we didn't use them for our Rome rental. Please disregard the other post!