Please sign in to post.

Help planning Switz/Italy/France with 9 month old and parents in their 60s

(cross posted from "To the West") Hi all! I'm looking for some help planning a portion of a trip for late August/early September with a 9 month old child and my parents in their 60s. My mom can walk for short distances but anything longer than that gives her a lot of trouble with her feet. She would still like to see things, but one of the primary purposes of the trip is to let her spend some time with her grandson (the 9 month old) too. Here's the basic plan so far: -Fly into and out of Zurich on a 13 day trip -Days 1-3 are to be spent in Lucerne and Lugano -Days 8-11 are to be spent at a B&B in Provence that my wife and I love (Les Carmes) -Day 12 will be in Geneva -Day 13 will be in Zurich
-They will be driving in a rough circle going Zurich->South toward Milan->Down to the coast->Over to France and up to Provence->Back through Geneva and to Zurich Days 4-7 are up in the air. My wife and I will be meeting them on the coast in either Italy or France by train from Pisa on Day 4. Any suggestions for where we should go on these 4 days? I think we would ideally like to split it 2 nights in Italy and 2 nights in France, but we're open to suggestions. In looking for guidebooks, it seems like there's almost nothing on the Italian Riviera (and lots of stuff on the French Riviera). Is there really nothing to see on the Italian Riviera? ;) I've been to Cinque Terre before and absolutely loved it, but I'm concerned about the lack of car access and the terrain with my mom and my 9 month old.

There are no replies to this topic.